HEA Membership includes insurance cover for:
Volunteer Organisers (ie homeschooling parents) of HEA Events - Register Here
- $20 million Public & Products Liability - Legal liability to third parties for Injury and/or Damage to Property caused by an occurence in connection with the Insured's business (HEA).
- $10 million Personal Accident insurance of a Volunteer Organiser
- Policy Wording documents found HERE.
- Certificate of Charitable Institute (non-profit organisation) can be requested to help secure less expensive venue hire from some Councils.
Student Work Experience - Register Here
- Home educated students 10 years old and over can access Volunteer Workers insurance.
- Policy Schedule found HERE.
To become a HEA Member go to Join Now. Family membership is only $60 for the first year (less for renewing families!)
HEA Members can also request, free of charge, Student ID cards. These are not official public transportation cards, but a basic laminated photo card identifying the student as a member of the Home Education Association. In addition to the student's photo, the card has their member number, expiry date, date of birth, and signature. To request a card email firstname.lastname@example.org and send in jpegs of the following, plus a signed Statuatory Declaration (provided to members).
- Photo (jpeg): recent photograph similar looking to a Passport style - light, solid backgroud
- Student's signature on white paper (jpeg)
- Copy of student's birth certificate (pdf or jpeg)
- Signed Statuatory Declaration (pdf or jpeg)