Welcome to Australia's Home Education Association (HEA)
HEA is an incorporated association that supports and provides services for Australian home educators. The HEA is run by a committee of home educators that voluntarily come together to provide direction for the association.
HEA has thousands of Australian home educators that form the membership base. We invite all Australian home educators to join with us. We encourage and support all forms of home education. Amongst our membership we have families that use all different types of learning and we encourage and promote the freedom of choice for our members to choose their individual style of home education.
HEA has no affiliation with state education authorities and privacy is a HEA priority.
The broader objectives of the HEA are:
- To uphold the principle that parents are primarily responsible for the education of their children.
- To promote a broader awareness of home education and its benefits throughout Australia.
- To promote and encourage the development of home education networks.
- To provide services and resources to home education networks and individual home educators.
- To endeavour to procure any rights, privileges, concessions or benefits relating to home education for home educators and their families.
- To maintain a respect for the diversity of philosophies and methods used by home educators.
- To use our membership size to obtain discounts and benefits for our members.
- To fund insurance cover for event organisers and work experience students.
- To support home education events and activities
HEA membership fees go towards:
Please note, some pages on this website are only accessible to HEA members - So join now!